In the Project Management world, uncertainty and questions surround the topic of Agile. The Project Management Institute (PMI)® started its pilot of the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM Certification May 26, and in September, it will be fully functioning. For some project managers, that might be scary – Do I need this certification to advance my career? What if I don’t think Agile is a good fit for my projects? For others who want to embrace this niche, the question is, “How do I become one of the first to receive PMI ACP training and earn my certification?” Well, first thing’s first. Here are the requirements (as stated in the PMI-ACP Handbook):
- Educational Background – Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or equivalent)
- General Project Management Experience – 2,000 hours working on project teams, accrued in the last five years (if you hold your PMP or PgMP, you already fulfill this requirement)
- Agile Project Management Experience – 1,500 hours working on project teams using Agile methodologies, accrued in the last two years. These hours are in addition to the requirement for 2,000 hours of general project management experience
- 21 contact hours of education in Agile project management topics
To learn more about PMI ACP training and the PMI ACP Certification please visit:
There are plenty of Registered Education Providers that PMI lists as reputable trainers for project management, but only a few also offer Agile training right now, and ASPE is one of them. ASPE has been at the forefront in PMI ACP training, and offers a plethora of courses that qualify toward the 21 contact hours requirement to sit for the PMI-ACP Certification Exam. Our Agile Curriculum shows the progression of our courses, but for the 21 PDUs you will need for Agile certification, there are a few options ASPE provides.
The fastest way to satisfy the education requirement right now:
- Take our Agile Boot Camp, for which you earn 21 Agile PDUs. It is an immersion course for those who want real hands-on training.
- Take our Agile Essentials course (7 Agile PDUs) AND one of our two-day Agile courses (14 Agile PDUs) such as
While those options are the immediate solution to getting 21 contact hours for the Agile certification from PMI, ASPE is redeveloping our Agile Project Management course. As listed above, it is a 2-day, 14 PDU course. As of September it will change to 3 days and 21 PDUs, giving our students their 21 PDUs in one course. Not only is it currently designed for project managers, but it will become a preparation course for the PMI-ACP Certification Exam, and will include a 100% satisfaction and pass guarantee similar to other ASPE courses. To get more information about training to satisfy the PMI-ACP Certification requirements and pass the PMI-ACP Certification Exam, contact us by filling out the form below.
To learn more and register for ASPE-SDLC’s Agile Project Management Certification Workshop visit: http://www.aspe-sdlc.com/courses/42500b/.